Re: New Rules Last Day to Post a Comment

Subject: Re: New Rules Last Day to Post a Comment
From: "Bruce Wilson" bruceumba
Date: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:07 pm ((PDT))
Well, which is an example of more governmental control: (1) charging
everyone to take care of the national parks, or (2) just those who make
money off the parks?

Option (2) results in fewer regulations dictating the behavior of the
average citizen, lower taxes, higher fees for those who use the resource,
and less government-subsidized entrepreneurial enterprise.

I'm pretty sure that's what Bush ran on.

There is also a big change on the airwaves: in 2008 the high UHF band will
close to TV use and be auctioned off. It will make the government billions
of dollars, and probably be bought by internet broadband providers (Yahoo,
Google, and the like running long-range broadband networks; we'll see who
has the most money available).

Bruce Wilson
http://science.uvsc.edu/wilson