Re: Insect id requested--Catoctin

Subject: Re: Insect id requested--Catoctin
From: "Wil Hershberger" wil_hershberger
Date: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:21 am ((PDT))
Greg,
Nice recording. Indeed, Oblong-winged katydid is the loudest infrequent
singer with many in the distance, there are Common trues katydids in the
background as well. There is also a background of tree crickets, probably
broad-winged and four-spotted tree crickets. It sounds like it was in the
mid to upper 60's when this was recorded.
There are american crows, cardinals, and a deer snorting in the background
as well.
Very nice piece.

Wil Hershberger

Hedgesville, WV