1. Re: Cats and cable for nature recordings

Subject: 1. Re: Cats and cable for nature recordings
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:31 am ((PDT))
Posted by: "Lou Judson"

> What!!??!! This is a sign of a neurotic or mistreated animal - cats
> are not rodents and in a long life living with cats never had a cable =

> chewed by one. Never!

However, cats can be a problem for chewing cords. Especially young cats
will do that. Far more common in cats that are confined inside.

But if you want a strange one, years ago my sister had a abby (a breed
of cat) that would back up to a unprotected electrical outlet and spray
into it. Apparently he liked either the flash or the smell of scorched
urine. Somehow he never killed himself doing it but he killed quite a
few outlets. And of course the house he was in had child caps on the
outlets most of the time. Otherwise he was a well adjusted cat, very
friendly. Lived a long life.