Re: [Nature Recordists] Re: What is the best mic cable for nature=

To: <>
Subject: Re: [Nature Recordists] Re: What is the best mic cable for nature=
From: "Lou Judson" <>
recordings

This is interesting - all my 45 year career I have been taught and
adhered to the practice of red is right, and no matter what the colors,
the lighter one is left and the darker (or redder) right: gray/white.
black/red. etc. The only time I ever see red as left is with Nagras and
the Shure stereo mic splitter.

Never seen a link between nautical colors and audio.

Anyone have links to some history on this? Is there and AES "white"
paper on it? As I teach some people audio I need to know...

red =3D right has been my mantram for 40 years!
<L>

Lou Judson =95 Intuitive Audio =95 415-883-2689

On Sep 26, 2007, at 4:23 AM, Greg Simmons wrote:

>  Using Humbrol model-making
> paints, I put a red dot on one XLR and a green dot on the other to
> allow channel identification (red for left/port, green for
> right/starboard, as per naval standards). I paint the dots into the
> recessed Neutrik logo on the underside of the connector, so it doesn't
> wear off with normal use.

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

Yahoo! Groups Links