Re: canare cable

Subject: Re: canare cable
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:16 am ((PDT))
> canare cable
>     Posted by: "artsonics"  artsonics
>     Date: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:25 pm ((PDT))
>
> Hi folks,
>    just wanting some confimation from those users out there that
> Canare starquad L-4E6S is suitable to wire in stereo?...(and
> narrow/flexible enough).Any other recommendations? Still looking for
> Neutrik XLR-HD connectors tho...any sources?

I use it that way in some pretty long lengths at times. For nature
recording only where you are not close to any strong EMF. I've not tried
it in studio or other high EMF settings. Either of the two diameters
that they make work. Obviously the smaller diameter reduces bulk. The
larger diameter is probably slightly easier to coil back up. Very nice
cable in outdoor use. It's a good idea to choose a color that will stand
out against natural colors. I use blue for my stereo cables.

I'm just copying Lang Elliott in that use. I was going to use two
channel starquad snake, but got a chance to be out with Lang and examine
his setup. Much easier to work with than snake would have been.

A google search should turn up the connectors. I got the last ones I
bought retail from Markertek. I've even found them on ebay.