Got some Sound Professional in-ear binaural mic's

Subject: Got some Sound Professional in-ear binaural mic's
From: "ritualdik" ritualdik
Date: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:28 pm ((PDT))
The "high sensitivity" variety.

Took them on a walk last night and got a lot of good ambient noises:
locking & unlocking my door, clomping down the stairs, noisy
fluorescent bulb, opening door, road noise from traffic, crickets &
other noisy insects, cars passing.  People probably thought I was
listening to an iPod.

Anyhoo, the recording quality seemed good to me (in my completely
subjective, inexperienced opinion), possibly better than the T-Mic
electret that came with my MicroTrack.  The fact that they're binaural
made for some very cool stereo effects when cars passed me on the road.

Just wanted to share.

-RD

Oh, one interesting note:  When I looked at the waveform in my wave
editor, there was a steady "pulse" of beats in the low-freqency domain
(around 20-60 Hz).  Pretty inaudible as played back through my laptop
speakers.  I am near 100% sure these were my footsteps sending
reverberations (up through my body?).

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: