Re: High Frequency mics

Subject: Re: High Frequency mics
From: "Eisuke Yanagisawa" eisuke190
Date: Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:17 am ((PDT))
Hello clint and all

I'm new to this forum and interested in this topic.
Sanken co-100k is claimed to capture sounds up to 100kHz.
They are expensive and cost about $2500 for each.
A few days ago I had a chance to use them with Korg MR-1000.
To see the sonogram of recorded sounds converted to 24bit /192kHz
much energy exists until 96kHz but MR-1000's inherent noise increase
severely above 60khz so that I'm not yet sure they are such good at
capturing ultrasonic sounds.
I usually use WM-61a and microtrack for field recording and they even
capture until about 45kHz.

thanks from japan

Eisuke Yanagisawa
(http://otonoha.x0.com)

--- In  "artsonics" <>
wrote:

> hi again,
>    A while back I posted a question wanting to know a good mic for
> recording very high frequencies well above 20khz maybe to 100khz as
> would like to try capturing very faint insect sounds...any
> sugestions.I have a feeling a mic for this sort of thing is not
going
> to be cheap. The only one I have seen is the Sennheiser MKH800 and
> that only goes up to around the 50khz mark.
>
>                thanks again clint

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: