7. Re: Flash based IDE drives...

Subject: 7. Re: Flash based IDE drives...
From: "Tim Nielsen" supernielsen
Date: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:04 am ((PDT))
That's right, the idea isn't so much to save the hard drive in
working order, it's to get the head off the data surface so it
doesn't damage the disk, which could be recoverable. It's supposed to
work fairly well, the head can park in a matter of milliseconds.

And some clever guys with an Apple laptop figured out how to use it
as a joystick of sorts, to play pong, by just tilting your computer
back and forth:, and even turn an SMS equipped notebook into a
seismic detector:

http://tinyurl.com/2doqbe