FR2-LE Trim/Gain (was:Recording "Hiss")

Subject: FR2-LE Trim/Gain (was:Recording "Hiss")
From: "Peter Linsener" peterlinsener
Date: Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:17 am ((PDT))
I'ld like to add my experience about the FR2-LE Trims,

I could not see this difference, I recorded a toy of my children
(making sound for 2 seconds and reverts to full silence). I recorded
in my studio (which is very silent) using the FR-2 LE and a AKG
dynamic Mic. The hiss was indeed more noticeable at full trim however,
the signal to noise ratio not get worse for max trim. So this would
speak for using the Trims as you need them without having to worry
about noise.

--- In  "wildlifeanalysis"
<> wrote:

> Just to follow up, I compared some recordings last night - one with the
> trim at about 80%, and one with the trim at 100%. The ones in which
> trim was set at 80% lacked the high frequency hiss (for the most part)
> that the ones with the maxed trim suffer from. So in leu of impending
> tests, it seems that there is a definite introduction of noise from
> excessive trim gain on the FR2LE. Now to put some numbers on this noise.

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: