freaking myself out with blackbird

Subject: freaking myself out with blackbird
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Sat Jul 7, 2007 4:29 pm ((PDT))
I put on a disc I'd made in August of 2002 with a compilation of my
recordings from the 2002 Nature Sounds Society Workshop. Immediately
I heard ZIP...ZIP...ZIP on top of a Sierra Valley ambience. Omigod, I
thought, this disc is failing! I have CDRs older than this that are
still fine. I tried it on a couple of machines. I checked the stock
it was on--Yamaha 24x. I only had one small batch of that.

This morning I found the session and audio in my CD-ROM archives,
loaded it in, burned a new copy, and printed labels. Imagine my
chagrin when I played my new disc. ZIP...ZIP...ZIP...

That sound was natural. A blackbird (yellow-headed?), quite close,
making a very mechanical noise! I'd forgotten what it sounded like.

http://www.dandugan.com/downloads/blackbird_train_frog.mp3

-Dan Dugan