Re: Manx Shearwaters

Subject: Re: Manx Shearwaters
From: "Andrew Carter" standlynch
Date: Fri Jul 6, 2007 12:32 am ((PDT))
--- In  "stoatwizard" <> wrote:

> That's a lovely ambience to this sound, thanks! Must be scary to hear
> that in the dead of night!
>
> BTW do you find the FEL is needed with the RH-1 to get the noise down?
> From the specs of the mic the self-noise of the mic should be at least
> 5dB above that fo the RH1, so the preamp wouldn't be necessary.

Actualy no I dont really need it with the ME62, but as I also have a
Rode NT4 which does, so I left it on, not quite knowing what I was
going to get.
Thanks for the comments (and John).
The scary bit was not knowing if I was going to be hit, and raising a
 hand up in front of my face in case. But it was the best 2 hour of
bird experience I'd had for ages.
Andrew

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: