Re: A question regarding electronic noise while recording near a com

Subject: Re: A question regarding electronic noise while recording near a com
From: "stoatwizard" stoatwizard
Date: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:48 pm ((PDT))
> there was a background electronic echo that wasn't noticable at the
> time of recording.  Might there be a simple way to shield the
> equipment so as not to pick up this noise?  The site is fairly

I hear plenty of rumble presumably from cooling fans/generators at the
site, and Raven tells me there is the very occasional faint 19k blip,
but not anything I would describe as an echo. The rumble you could thin
out with a high-pass filter at about 300Hz.

A windshield on the Telinga helps keep the narcissistic bugs from
flying into the front of the Telinga with the characteristic 'dink'
sound. I have a feeling this is less of a problem with the dish on a
tripod and myself some distance away rather than handlheld - is it the
presence of the dish and/or the light reflected from it they are
attracted to or are they sizing up a good meal behind it :)

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: