Re: Clanton, AL followup

Subject: Re: Clanton, AL followup
From: "wildlifeanalysis" wildlifeanalysis
Date: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:25 pm ((PDT))
I forgot to mention that the recorder was a Fostex FR2LE running at 48Khz/2=
Message: 4bit.
Subject: When all of
this was in a padded backpack, it was actually quite light, though a bit bu=
lky.

I had mentioned on the list earlier that I was getting a hiss in recordings=
 - possibly from the
FR2LE. After listening to these recordings, I can say that the hiss experie=
nced earlier was
pretty definitively due to over zealous settings on the trim, which I had o=
n 100%. On this
recording I had both the trim and the input levels set at about 3 oclock or=
 75% of full and can
not really hear any hiss to speak of. In fact, the generator is the loudest=
 flatline sound in the
recording and I cannot distinguish any hiss, even though I normalized the r=
ecording to about
90%.

David