Re: Hi-Freq. Insect?

Subject: Re: Hi-Freq. Insect?
From: "David Ellsworth" davidells
Date: Fri Jun 8, 2007 1:05 am ((PDT))
Listen to my filtered version of Doug's recording and tell me if you
still think it's an insect:
http://ad2004.hku.nl/naturesound/David_Ellsworth/insect_hi_freq1.filtered.w=
av
I converted a graph of the locally-averaged amplitude of the original
recording into a waveform, and made every other pulse negative.

For comparison, here's the same filtering done on the recording of
the Roesel's bush-cricket:
http://ad2004.hku.nl/naturesound/David_Ellsworth/metr_roe_.filtered.wav
There was no odd-even pattern here, and there wasn't enough
dilineation between pulses to make every other pulse negative. If you
want a pure comparison:
http://ad2004.hku.nl/naturesound/David_Ellsworth/insect_hi_freq1.filtered2.=
wav
(I suggest looking at the waveform of this one)

(Thanks for the upload space, Anton!)