Re: Thanks Walter. See his site of masterpieces.

Subject: Re: Thanks Walter. See his site of masterpieces.
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Sun Jun 3, 2007 9:49 am ((PDT))
Posted by: "George Paul"

> Thanks for posting the address of your website, Walt.  Every recording on
> here is an A+
> recording, imho.

The sound clips on the frog pages are actually carefully filtered to
provide someone wanting to learn the calls the most representative
sample. On a fair number of them the clip is made up of a series of
calls from different locations to demo the variety of the calls. For
just entertainment it's not necessarily the best way to go.

I generated the clips at the same time I was doing the GA frog CD for
DNR. They are not the same clips as the DNR CD, but very similar. Since
then a few clips have been replaced as I get better recordings.

> I hope the people in this Group that want to hear great amphibian recordings
> visit your
> web site.  It is one of the best collections of A + recordings on one page
> that I have ever
> seen -- sort of like visiting the Frick Gallery, as opposed to the more
> diffuse Met or Louve.

The website is heavily used by schools and others wanting a reference on
GA's frogs. It originally was a private reference on my laptop, but
enough people saw it and wanted it up that I cleaned it up a bit and put
it up. It's a ongoing thing, gets revised from time to time.

> Do you have a catalogue of uncompressed 16 bit PCM wav files of your
> recordings that I
> can browse?  I may want to buy some.  If not, I suggest you make some sort of
> catalogue.

I don't put uncompressed files up very often. The files are too big. I
just fine tune mp3 files for the web.