Re: An unusual and straightforward public request...

Subject: Re: An unusual and straightforward public request...
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Thu May 31, 2007 7:17 pm ((PDT))
Posted by: ""

> I have never ridden a recumbant, they look fun though.

Here's some random photos of mine, in various stages of dress:
http://wwknapp.home.mindspring.com/Greenspeed/my_gtr.html

The panniers in those are arkels, so is the rack top bag.

Before the Greenspeed I rode a Ryan Vanguard, a very long two wheel
recumbent.

Before that it was a MTN bike I heavily modified for touring.

> Speaking of touring, the Ochoco mountains recording (from John Hartog, I =
think?) is nice. I biked the Trans American trail in 1996, and that goes th=
rough the Ochoco area and over the Ochoco pass. So I have been there. But a=
t that time, I didn't pay attention to sounds like I do now, I loved the sc=
enery, it is beautiful there! I can look at my old pics of Ochoco, and list=
en to the recording !  :)  But I must say, I would now love to incorperate =
recording with touring. I think the only time I would do it is during the n=
ight (or early morning) while I'm camped, or in the middle of the day while=
 I'm out in the middle of nowhere, taking a break.
> (I got the recording bug when I was on St. John-Virgin Islands, and the f=
rogs were so loud at night it was hard to get to sleep! I recorded them on =
my digital camera, a terrible mono recording, but enough to get me hooked)

I was beginning to think I'd be able to do a Transam this year last
year. Then my body came up with prostate cancer. Riding BRAG this year
is the consolation prize, and that's going to be tough enough as I'm
still recovering from the surgery. Only been cleared for riding for a
couple months. I'll see from there.

> Do you have a Bird Voiced Treefrog recording you can share? I would absol=
utaly love to hear one!
> Where do you live Walt? I have never heard of these frogs.

I live in Georgia, about 50 miles east of Atlanta (not far enough). I
have all of Georgia's frogs up in ID clip form:
http://wwknapp.home.mindspring.com/GAFrog.Toad.html

I don't think there are any bird voiced in anything else I have up on my
website at the moment.