Re: Confusing bird songs [was Blackcaps]

Subject: Re: Confusing bird songs [was Blackcaps]
From: "Suzanne Williams" scw1217
Date: Fri May 25, 2007 7:04 am ((PDT))
Given those recordings side by side, I can hear a difference.  Given
them in a garden setting, probably not.  We don't have black capped
here, but I do see them when we go north on vacation. So I am not as
attuned to their sound.  Great recordings btw.

----------------------
Suzanne
http://web.tampabay.rr.com/swilli41/www
Florida, USA

--- In  "Chris Hails" <>
wrote:

> Thanks Raimund and Klas for your thoughts - I agree on the strong
> somewhat staccato finish to a Blackcap - but its tough, especially
as
> they are both real skulkers once the leaves come out.
>
> For non-Europeans who wonder over our agony, here are two
(admittedly
> not great) examples of birds "seen" (ie sure of i.d. when
recording)