Re: Sound ID

Subject: Re: Sound ID
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Fri May 25, 2007 7:01 am ((PDT))
<<<<<Hi all,
Yesterday night, around 10.00 PM, I was sitting in my yard and listening to=

nightflight calls of Gray-Cheeked Thrushes and anything I could hear other=

than busy highway noise of NYS 79, in Ithaca New York.
There were several Grey Tree Frogs calling loudly from my and my neighbor's=

yard and somewhere in the vicinity were also American Toads singing (no
ponds anywhere close by). While listening to the sounds, I heard this call=

a double note "kyank kyank", that called several times. I think it was a
bird as I felt it was coming from the top of the trees. but don't know what=

it is. So I went in and got my recorder out to record it. But I just
managed to record it call one more time. It did call a little later amidst=

heavy traffic but I did not record it.

The call is at the end of this piece of this link. Does anyone know what it=

could be?

http://www.people.
<http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/mmh3/mystreybird%2052407%203.mp3>
cornell.edu/pages/mmh3/mystreybird%2052407%203.mp3

or http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/2btj6v> com/2btj6v

Meena<<<<<<

I know the call but tell me, why did you add it into the recording? If you
look at it on a sonogram you can see that the sound has been pasted into th=
frog recordings.

Tell me why you did it and I will tell you the sound of the animal...

Martyn

Martyn Stewart

Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:

http://www.naturesound.org

Redmond. Washington. USA

N47.65543 W121.98428

e-mail: