Re: Muir Woods bird identification

Subject: Re: Muir Woods bird identification
From: "Dan Dugan" dandugan_1999
Date: Sun May 20, 2007 11:09 am ((PDT))
Thanks Martyn, GeoPaul, Suzanne.

>I agree with Martyn that it sounds like a winter wren, and agree
>with the partial song part as
>well.  Good recording.

That sample was from my backup system. The main recording was an hour
and a quarter with EM-23s into MD; It was very quiet in old-growth
redwoods, except for the creek. The winter wrens were the only birds
that sang at "dawn chorus" time in February. After I tore down I
walked by a tree where one was singing close, so I grabbed it with my
Nagra ARES-M.

I've been Mr. Tech for many, many, years, but I'm making an effort to
learn the species I record. Forgive me if I ask about the obvious...

-Dan