Re: Porky phase inversion

Subject: Re: Porky phase inversion
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Thu May 3, 2007 11:33 am ((PDT))
Excellent example! This technique was used by the Grateful Dead for
vocals in the 80s - two mics an inch or two apart, and they sing into
only one of them. Then the wall of sound behind them was removed by out
of polarity combining, and the voices came through loud and clear. It
was pretty tricky with the gear they had back then, but it's a common
mode rejection  thing just like balanced lines.

Brilliant work, Rich!

<L>

Lou Judson =95 Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689