Re: Spectrogram to a movie file?

Subject: Re: Spectrogram to a movie file?
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:36 pm ((PDT))
Posted by: "Thomas Ashcraft"

> I am wondering if there is an integral spectrogram program that makes
> movie files but if there's not, then other screen capture program
> suggestions are welcome for either windows XP or Mac OS 3.9 and lower.

Soundhack has had coding to a quicktime movie from the beginning, there
are versions for the original mac OS (9 and before) and for the "Mac"
OSX. I've not played with this feature a lot, but it does produce a
movie of the moving sonogram once you get things right. Takes a bit of
time, on my macbook today for a 1.75minute aiff file it took about 7
minutes to process quicktime movies of each channel at lowest settings.
Each movie was over 2GB.

http://www.soundhack.com/freeware.php

For my regular sound processing I use SparkXL's real time moving
sonogram at the end of the filter stack to monitor what I've done. But
that does not produce a movie. It's much higher resolution than
Soundhack. I've not looked into capturing that.