Compression of 16 bit v. compression of 24 bit. Will you get a

Subject: Compression of 16 bit v. compression of 24 bit. Will you get a
better MP3 file from a 24 bit recording than from a 16 bit
recording?  Or does the fact that you compress the file eliminate any
improvement in sound quality?  This is a tough one.   This seems
quite relevant if 99% of your audience is listening to MP3s.

I apologize if all this is already well known to everyone in this
Discussion Group.  Sorry to waste time. Perhaps there are a few along
with me that don't already know these answers.  Many thanks.  I enjoy
reading these posts.

Geo Paul