1. Re: Sound Devices 442 Mixer

Subject: 1. Re: Sound Devices 442 Mixer
From: "Po-Jen Chiang"
Date: Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:23 am ((PDT))
I think when using a link cable provided with 722, one will be master
and one will be slave. When you press record button on the master
recorder, the slave recorder will start to record at the same time. No
need to clap. I also don't think you need to line up the files since
they start recording simulataneously. I have done this with friends' 7
recorders. Work perfectly. I then thought that 722+702 is almost the
same price as 744t. So why bother to buy a 744t? I even considered
selling my 744t and get 702+722. Like you said, advantage of backup
recorder! But I still decide not to because 744t+MP2 is less bulkier.
And file management is easier for multitrack recording.

However, I don't know whether it is necessary to word-clock link them if
you already C-linked two 7 recorders. Martyn?

Po-Jen

Tim Nielsen :