How much information can the story carry and still be entertaining?

Subject: How much information can the story carry and still be entertaining?
This is a matter of conjecture at this point. I decided on eight bird chara=
cters, photos, and no more than eight sounds because of memory research ind=
icating that a series of seven or eight numbers could be recalled by most s=
tudents. (Cusimano, 1995).  The story plays out to about twenty minutes, wh=
ich is close to the limit of the 5/ 6 years old child=92s ability to attend=
 to a structured presentation.  The amount of time spent in narrative versu=
s the time spent listening to bird sounds is about 8:1 narrative to sound, =
and the pictures continue to stay up on the screen under my voice, changing=
 as new bird characters are introduced.  Audience response tells me the len=
gth of time and the amount of material is acceptable.  There is little squi=
rming, yawning or distractive behavior. Faces remain engaged.
            (The goal of a story is to entertain and to instruct.)