1. Mic attenuator for minidisk recorder

Subject: 1. Mic attenuator for minidisk recorder
From: "Graham Evans" grayboodle
Date: Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:29 am ((PDT))

> Is anyone able to comment on the capacitor choice which Steve says he
> is
> doubtful of on the linked page? Also I would like to know any
> neccessary wiring changes for making the socket:
> 1. unbalanced input (stereo mini socket)
> - in this instance the stereo mini jack would be providing identical
> signals on both channels which just happens to be the way my mics are
> wired for various reasons
>
> 2. passing on phantom power
> - Steve's page has a link to circuit diagrams covering this but
> perhaps
> changing the circuit to cope with unbalanced input would upset this.
>
> grateful for any help.
> Graham E
For capacitors will try "2.25 uf Polyester non-polarized" - on advice
received in pvt email.

As for #2 - sorry suffering from brain failure there.  I meant
plug-in-power not phantom.

And for #1, in case I confused anybody, I am referring to the input of
the circuit not the input of the minidisc.  That is I am planning my
adaptor/attenuator to have both a stereo mini input and stereo-mini
output with no xlr connectors.

I am thinking that the circuit Steve wired must already be unbalanced as
the minidisc input is unbalanced.  So really the only part of my
question which I still have is #2 - will this circuit pass on the
plug-in power I need to run my mics?

Graham E.