1. why recording at 96kHz or more ? [it was ....Re: Noise related to

Subject: 1. why recording at 96kHz or more ? [it was ....Re: Noise related to
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:07 am ((PDT))
Yes I have already found the 192khz sample rate of my FR2 useful in
recording freetailed bats.

Microphones that don't have specs beyond 20khz, still have sensitivity
beyond that frequency.  It's just skewed.  But definitely useful.
Certainly when you are dealing with the animal kingdom, and creatures
that use sound outside of our hearing range, the higher sampling rates
are very useful for audio capture.

Danny