Re: I always thought there was something suspicious about

Subject: Re: I always thought there was something suspicious about
From: "Steve Pelikan" pelikan45224
Date: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:06 pm ((PDT))
I agree that this seems mostly like PR hype. There's lots of examples
that people know about cross species use of warning calls.

One example that's pretty well known in my neck of the woods: Scarlet
Tanager "chip-burr" calls (even if played back when no predator is
around) will make Red-eyed Vireos shut up and duck out of sight.

But that work  didn't appear in PNAS!

Cheers!

Steve Pelikan