Good Morning

Subject: Good Morning
From: "Ray" lindy82716
Date: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:24 am ((PDT))
HI, I am a new member.
I am looking into building a listening station for a zoo aviary within the =
next 10 days.  I am
vasilating between a parabolic and a straight shotgun system.  Duribility, =
reliability and
simplicity are formost.  I am looking to pickup birds 75 - 100' away with r=
easonable clarity.
This is for real time listening only, no recording, on an external speaker.=
 This is for a
permanent, stationary location.

I don't have time to get anything from Talinga in sweden, yet afford a lil'=
 ears parabolic,
stateside at 2500.00.  Finding a tuneable dish with a mic for under a 1K is=
 the target.  Have
considered modifing a satellite dish, with not much luck.  I would prefer n=
ot to have to go to
the intelligence gathering companies.

I would appreciate a direction or a product.

Thanks,
Ray in Minnesota