Re: X-Y -> M-S

Subject: Re: X-Y -> M-S
From: "Lou Judson" inaudio
Date: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:07 pm ((PDT))
I don't expect to be the only response to this, but - since the side is
bidirectional, it cancels completely in mono, so there are no phase
cancellations at all in the remaining signal. Yes, you lose the side
information, but it is debatable if that is a "majority" of the
information - the mid mic does catch it, just attenuated depending on
the width of the pattern. In my uses, that attentuation is desirable.
YMMV of course!

<L>

Lou Judson =95 Intuitive Audio
415-883-2689