Re: Portable compact flash/sd hd backup

Subject: Re: Portable compact flash/sd hd backup
From: "oryoki2000" oryoki2000
Date: Wed Mar 7, 2007 9:48 am ((PST))
david briggs wrote:
> [The Hyperdrive SPACE] looks to be very useful for
> anyone not wanting to drag a laptop around but still
> backup flash media:
> http://www.hypershop.com/shop/information.php?info_id=3D11

The new SPACE model does look desirable.  Here's a web
site that lists a number of portable storage devices
(PSDs), including specifications.

http://www.jaldigital.com.au/catalog/default.php?cPath=3D27

Today, the cost of Compactflash and SD flash memory
is very low. For a trip of a few days, I think it would
be less expensive and more convenient just to carry a
handful of flash memory cards rather than stop to copy
files to the PSD.

--oryoki