Re: Surround Sound on a Very Small Budget

Subject: Re: Surround Sound on a Very Small Budget
From: "Greg Weddig" gweddig
Date: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:30 pm ((PST))
Nice Tom,
Sounds like you have a good start!  Well done, the imaging of the
plane was very distinct.  Next time try for an ambient soundfield that
 will help more clearly define the separate channels.
Another option for encoding surround is the Windows Media Encoder:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/forpros/encoder/default.mspx

It works well for me:

http://www.archive.org/download/GTWeddigSanhillCranes/Cranes_Surround_Test.=
wma

This was done with a set of wide sub-cardioids in the front and
hyper-cardioids in the back, A-B-C-D, a quad pattern with the mics
spaced about 1 meter from each other.

--greg
Baltimore, MD
http://www.ourmedia.org/user/627