Re: Long Duration Hi-MD Recording Glitches (was Powering Son

Subject: Re: Long Duration Hi-MD Recording Glitches (was Powering Son
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:52 pm ((PST))
About the glitch:
I recorded a full HiMD disc, with the Nh700 recording in HiSP mode.
The Time mark was set for 60 minute intervals so there were eight
files in all. When uploading using sonic stage, the seventh file would
not upload.  I tried it with the nh700 and the rh10 and both recorders
displayed an error message when trying to upload that file.

I could tell about where in the recording the glitch was because it
hung up at about 80% of the upload of that hour's file.  I narrowed
down the position of the glitch by using the HIMD recorder to add a
track mark thus splitting the file in half, and then attempting the
upload again. One half uploaded the other half refused.   I added
track marks and uploaded until I isolated a short enough section to
play and listen for the glitch.

What I heard was a moment of silence =96 maybe a tenth of a second long.
  I inserted a track mark on both sides of a one second section
containing the glitch, and tried one last time to upload it.  This
time it worked.  And when I viewed and played that section on my
computer the glitch was gone.  So in the end I did not actually lose
any of the recording.  Weird huh?

John Hartog