Re: Microphone mounting.

Subject: Re: Microphone mounting.
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:29 am ((PST))
Posted by: "macmang4125"

> I came across this:
>
> http://enhancedaudio.ie/enhancedaudioproducts.htm
>
> Rather than using a 'suspension' style mount it 'firmly' grips the
> microphone.

Comes from focusing on only part of the noise that gets transmitted up
the mount.

Delrin is not useful by itself for vibration suppression at audible
frequencies. I suspect that even for infrasound this mount is only
effective with very careful adjustment. Something that might take
measuring instruments to do.

For the mod SASS I make I mount the MKH-20's isolated from the delrin
support tubes by silicon o-rings. Without the o-rings the noise from
hand holding the mic would be too great. As it is in the original SASS
design.