Re: Recommendations?

Subject: Re: Recommendations?
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Wed Jan 3, 2007 12:10 am ((PST))
At 11:26 AM +0100 12/26/06, Gianni Pavan wrote:
>Rob, I partially disagree with you... when testing high end gear my
>expectation are very high and I become very critical... in any case a
>blind test will be welcome. About your next comparison, other than
>looking at the quicktime report I'd like to have access to the .wav
>file to manage it with all my usual gear and programs.

Hi Gianni--
Me too.  Big surprises in general should be
avoidable though if we can arrange to do and
keep-up with comparison tests.

I often post a small and large version of the
QuickTime movies and the large version usually
has an .aiff 16/48K soundtrack (same format  as a
.wav, basically).  For $30 QuickTime Pro is cross
platform and a really a great tool for all kinds
of editing, editing, extracting/adding a sound or
video track, file conversions, etc-- QT Pro also
makes it possible for you to quickly download
most all QT objects you run into on the web. Did
you try importing the QT movie into pro audio
editor?  Most have QT video support. Sorry I
don't have the sound extraction at my fingertips
for XP.  Maybe someone else has an elegant
solution. I can also email you the track.  Rob D.

--
Rob Danielson
Peck School of the Arts