OT: Xmas Reading for Walt and others

Subject: OT: Xmas Reading for Walt and others
From: "Chris Hails" chrishails50
Date: Sat Dec 23, 2006 8:33 am ((PST))
Walt, like many others I am pleased to hear your good news, recover
well.

For Walt who can't chase frogs right now, and others who took part in a
discussion some weeks back on declining wildlife populations, I am
pasting below what I hope is an interesting link to a publication from
my organisation. Every 2 years WWF produces the Living Planet Report
which is our Dow Jones / FTSE / Nikkei of the world's environment and
human impacts upon it. Using vertebrate population data which we index,
the report suggests we may have lost 30% of the planets natural health
over 30 years, whilst the human "footprint" has more than doubled.

A free pdf (44 pages, 4.4Mb, colour charts and graphs) in several
languages is available at:

www.panda.org./news_facts/publications/living_planet_report/index.cfm

Apologies to those for whom this is too far off or too depressing, but
I know we have many ardent conservationists in the group who may be
interested.

Best to all for the festive season.

Chris