Call for Recordings of Place-Chicago Gallery Show

Subject: Call for Recordings of Place-Chicago Gallery Show
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Tue Dec 5, 2006 9:17 am ((PST))
Nature Recordists--

Nature Recordists develop remarkable relations to place that deserve
wider exposure and appreciation. To this end, Zoe Asta and I are
asking nature recordists along with those from   backgrounds to pick
one, particular place that is special to them and to essentially "box
it up" and send it to us.  Our goal for the show, "GeoPhonoBox," is
to fill a 2400 square foot gallery with boxes representing places
from all of the world.  We hope to include some of your work and
passion for place in the show.

This is how it will work. There are two box sizes to choose from:
12"X10"X4" and 16"X12"X8."  Each box must be able to generate its own
sound (which can be as simple as a CD player/headphones or?) and its
contents must identify the place of origination. You work would be
included with that of phonographers, ethnographers, sound artists,
composers, pedestrians, geographers, agriculturists, naturalists,
radio journalists and others whose work takes them into the field.
Feel free to pass the announcement along appropriate recordists who
may not be active on listserves.

To confirm your interest, cut and paste the short application form at
the bottom of this Call for Participation,
http://www.zoeasta.com/sound2.htm, into an email and send it to both
of us along with a couple of mp3 examples of your recordings to:

  Zoe Asta <> AND Rob Danielson <>

by December 17th, 2006.  We will notify you that your application has
been accepted by January 4, 2007, or earlier, and send you the box
size of your choice. Boxes are to be returned to Chicago by February
10, 2007. The gallery opening at the Around the Coyote Gallery is on
March 2nd.

There are additional considerations and terms on the invitation link.
Feel free to email us with questions. We look forward to including
your work in the show!

Sincerely,
Zoe Asta and Rob Danielson