Re: hand held recorder

Subject: Re: hand held recorder
From: "Mark R." seoulgypsy
Date: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:26 pm ((PST))
Hi Martyn.

There has been quite a lot of discussion about this recorder on a few other
lists and the verdict for the nature recordists doesn't look promising.
Seems that preamp might be on a par or less than the Microtrack. This
product might work great for those who are wanting to get out and tape some
concerts fairly stealthily, but noise for our discriminating bunch might be
a killer. Sampled a few Samson products in the past and have never been
impressed with sound quality of any of their stuff. Hope I am wrong.

Best,

Mark

--
Every seed is awakened and so is all animal life. It is through this
mysterious power that  we too have our being and we therefore yield to our