E. O. Wilson endorsement

Subject: E. O. Wilson endorsement
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Fri Nov 3, 2006 10:17 am (PST)
Because Bernie is too bloody modest to post this to the group, I will. This
guy deserves all the plaudits out there, an inspiration to us all.....

<<<<<<
Jeff Hull is a journalist writing an article about these efforts for
the NYT Sunday Magazine and was contacting individuals for their

Bernie

>Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:08:17 -0500
>To:  "Jeff Hull" <>
>Subject: Bernie Krause, niche hypothesis, biophony
>
>Dear Mr. Hull:
>
>Thank you for introducing Bernie Krause to me. When you first
>introduced his name to me, along with "niche hypothesis" and
>"biophony," I assumed that it was all a New Age thing, of little
>interest to scientists.
>
>I was wrong. Bernie Krause and his niche theory are the real thing.
>His originality, research, and above all basic knowledge of the
>sound environments in nature are impressive. The idea of music
>originating in the sound communication systems of wild animals
>(including insects?) is a sound and provocative hypothesis. I admire
>also his attention to the preservation of ancestral-level cultures
>for their own value but also as a testing ground for theory on human
>behavioral evolution.
>
>Best wishes,
>
>Edward O. Wilson
>
>EOW:kmh
>--
>Professor Edward O. Wilson
>Harvard University
>Museum of Comparative Zoology<<<<<<<<<

Martyn

Martyn Stewart

Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:

http://www.naturesound.org

Redmond. Washington. USA

N47.65543 W121.98428

e-mail: