question about Sony parabolic

Subject: question about Sony parabolic
From: "krnodil" krnodil
Date: Thu Nov 2, 2006 7:39 pm (PST)
Hello all,

I've been a lurker for about a month.  In the past year I've become
interested in recording bird song and have been slowly familiarizing
myself with the in and outs of nature recording.  I've also been
acquiring (very slowly!)the various components I need to improve my
recordings.

I just acquired a used Sony parabolic reflector, model PBR-400. I
wondered if anyone has any experience using this model, and if there
are any tips/tricks/idiosyncrasies I should know about.

As far as putting it together and making use of it, it seems pretty
easy to make out, but if anyone has an old manual lurking around I
would be interested in having a look (please feel free to contact me
off list for this if you think that is more appropriate).

I hope to be able to join in more with the discussions as I gain more
experience; I've found your conversations so far to be most helpful
and informative.

Thanks,

Karen

"Microphones are not ears,