frequently asked gear questions

Subject: frequently asked gear questions
From: "Derek Holzer" derekatumaticdotnl
Date: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:32 pm (PDT)
Hi all,

you may have noticed that I just posted a notice of the new forum at
Soundtransit.nl. I wanted to call the attention of this list in
particular to this forum, and that's because of the kind of questions
that get asked again and again on this list. I've talked with Rob
Danielson and others about making a web forum or wikki where all these
questions could be answered in a definitive manner.

I think the Soundtransit forum might be a good place to do this for a
few reasons:

1) It is public, Google-able and easily searchable, which the archives
of this and many other Yahoo groups are not.
2) It provides an easy place to link to, so that newbies on this or
other lists could be pointed to a specific place where all the
information they are looking for already resides.

So if anyone was thinking they would rather write one version of "what
is the best mic/recorder/preamp/binaural headmount/whatever" instead of
answering the same question for the hundredth time here, come on over,
register yourself and put some articles up.

http://soundtransit.nl/forum/

Thanks and best wishes,
derek

--