Re: Best way to transfer from MD to PC while keeping good quality?

Subject: Re: Best way to transfer from MD to PC while keeping good quality?
From: "macmang4125" macmang4125
Date: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:36 pm (PDT)
There is a very neat bit of software for the PC called Audacity, also
available for the Mac - both versions are freeware, which you could use
to record the sounds into your computer with. I would personally record
and save the material as 44.1 or 48k 16 bit wav's, as the sounds have
already been through a data reduction process which often does not
react that well if it is data reduced again into an mp3 or AAC file.
Audacity has a reasonable noise reduction you can use, you first need
to 'profile' the noise then you can remove it from the file.
F.Y.I.
If you ever fancy speding some money the new Sony MZ RH1 portable mini-
disc will allow you to transfer recordings made on other mini-disc
machines onto your computer. It is the only one that does this by the
way.
But point your web browser at www.versiontracker.com and search for
Audacity. Versiontracker does both Windows and Mac software by the way.
Phil
--- In  "john parks"