Re: Organizing in the tapeless workflow. RE: [Nature Recordists] SD

Subject: Re: Organizing in the tapeless workflow. RE: [Nature Recordists] SD
From: "Chuck B" cgbragg
Date: Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:28 am (PDT)
Anton Woldhek wrote:

>So far, I havent found a post-production tool for sound that compares to s=
omething like Google picasa (http://picasa.google.com ) for organizing my r=
ecordings.

    Actually, for *organizing* only (no editing), Windows Media Player
has potential. And it's free, like Picasa. But, I much prefer a program
called MP3 Tag Clinic <http://www.kevesoft.com/> which is not free, but
has very fine and complete control of file naming and file tagging. I
organized my music library of some 7,000 tracks with Tag Clinic and use
Media Player to find recordings and for playback.
    'Tagging' files doesn't work with WAV files, but one can convert to
MP3 or WMA (just for example) or even lossless WMA to gain tagging
abilities. If you're worried about archival purity, keep the WAV files
with the same name as the converted files and use the converted files
for tagging and searching. Media Player can also do tagging, but it's
cumbersome. It's great for searching those tags, though.

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Chuck Bragg, Pacific Palisades, CA
Membership, Newsletter, Web manager
Santa Monica Bay Audubon Society