Re: Electronics, pricing and moral??

Subject: Re: Electronics, pricing and moral??
From: "cfmspencer" cfmspencer
Date: Tue Sep 5, 2006 7:23 pm (PDT)
--- In  Klas Strandberg
<> wrote:

> Interesting that they try to explain something, but I have never
seen a mic
> amp with the kind of adjustable "level-control" which they say is
common.

> Yes, at line levels, perhaps,  - or a -20db attenuation, yes, but
not a
> "level control" for microphone level. Have never seen it and I
think every
> ordinary designer would shake his head.

Klas,

it's called marketing...after all, how many prospective
purchasers know that it is not common.

an unsuspecting buyer might assume that all others
are of inferior quality, at least that seems to be the intent
of those who market in this manner.

to be fair, however, it is perhaps not normally the
designer who promotes in this manner, and it is perhaps
more typical outside your country. In the US, it is quite
normal to stretch the truth, and to put your product in
the best light possible.

I much prefer to give my business to straight-shooters,
and I am even willing to pay a premium, if necessary.

cheers,
clay