Re: Group Omni Mic Rigs (was MS Example for evs

Subject: Re: Group Omni Mic Rigs (was MS Example for evs
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:16 pm (PDT)
Rob Danielson wrote:

>> I figured the photo links weren't all that useful, so I removed them
>> a few weeks ago. I'll restore them asap -- hopefully in the next day
>> or so.
>>
>> Curt Olson
>
> Hi Curt--
> I found them extremely useful in evaluating the evolution of your rigs
> too-- from the first wedge designs to the more recent spaced parallel
> planes rig. It might be too time consuming to recreate that narrative
> again, but a page with pictures of the 3-4 principle design stages
> would be very instructive.
>
> I'm getting very interesting results with a spaced parallel planes rig
> I cobbled together. We're using the principles of your basic for DIY
> student rigs this semester with Tom Robinson's & Richard's 35-0190
> TriCaps/battery supply. I could have mentioned Tom's rigs too! Rob D.

Rob,

I'm glad to know you found the photos worthwhile. I restored the links
and added a few new photos too. I don't plan to re-post the narrative,
but I could e-mail you some observations about the various rigs
pictured.

http://www.trackseventeen.com/soundscapes/

Still so much to learn...

Curt Olson