Re: One caveat on my site...

Subject: Re: One caveat on my site...
From: "cfmspencer" cfmspencer
Date: Mon Aug 7, 2006 8:11 am (PDT)
--- In  "Danny Meltzer"
<> wrote:

> The longest files are about 10MB.  I guess just try a track and see
> how fast it's downloading.  I sorta figured that for the long ones,
> you could just download as much as you like since you can start
> listening almost immediately [well maybe not with dialup].
>
> I think I did them at 192kb.
>
> Danny

Danny,
thanks for sharing your recordings.

I listened to several M-S recordinds last night,
and had no problem with download delays, although
I have broadband.

gotta love the simplicity of your site as well,
although I couldn't interpret the handwritten 'africa'
until I looked at the individual recordings.

how often does the rather highish noise of the vp88
detract from your recordings?  I noticed the recordings
on the site that I listened to always had some sort
of near-constant sound, i.e., crickets/etc., rain, or
some other sound that might mask mic noise.

I'm assuming you can't run your MP-2 near full gain
without some noise issue, yes?

I ask becuase I also have an MP-2 and am looking for
a single point M-S mic, AND, I don't have any experience
with improving recordings in post (nor do I want a LOT
of experience).

thanks much,
clay