mastering

Subject: mastering
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Fri Aug 4, 2006 1:56 am (PDT)
Rob,

doesnt make the thunder sound louder really...quieter if anything.
the whole track generally louder yes.

also the L1 is not multiband, the L3 is.  the L3 is much more
transparent than the L1...thats the multiband part...try it, you'll see.

Yes of course it colors a mix in some fashion...the idea is use it
sparingly only to help something become more listenable not to smash a
track to bits so it sounds like a brick of amplitude.  I wouldn't send
my thunderstorm through the L3 with 30db of gain.

i haven't taken notice of reduced clarity in the stereo imaging, that
could be I will take a listen.

Danny