Re: Shock-Mounting NT1-A's (was Powering the Art Phantom II

Subject: Re: Shock-Mounting NT1-A's (was Powering the Art Phantom II
From: "mopani" wyness2001
Date: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:17 pm (PDT)
Hi Rob

I'm more or less copying Allan Haighton's design; a narrower ORTF with the =
Message: 2.
Subject: 5" tubing. I can see what a robust design it is too. Indeed it's the
heav=
ier mic cable that I need to tape to the mount base and to the tripod. I'll=
 try the lavaliere next time. As you suggest I have cushioned the tubes wit=
h squares of foam, small squares cut from large acoustic foam tiles. No wob=
ble from those.

I'm so pleased with my efforts that I'll post some pictures even though, li=
ke most of my handiwork, it looks like a nursery school project.