Re: On the theme of lightning

Subject: Re: On the theme of lightning
From: "Thomas Ashcraft" heliotown27
Date: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:56 pm (PDT)
Rich,

In this instance I wasn't going for lightning specifically.  Generally
when lightning approaches I unlpug my radio observatory but in this case
I was in town when the storm happened and I was lucky that my arrays
were not hit.  So this particular recording is kind of an anomaly but is
interesting for comparing lightning strength with solar burst strength.
The solar burst has more energy that the lightning in this case.  I
think this is a rare recording.

I monitor the Sun (and Jupiter) at multiple frequencies from 50 MHz to
Message: 18.
Subject: 7 MHz with different radios and antennae cut per specific frequency.
   22.2 MHz and 22.7 MHz are useful for Jupiter as well as the Sun.  The
500 MHz separation in frequency between right and left channels gives a
spatiality to the reception especially when listening with headphones
because solar bursts generally pass from high to low frequency so will
hit 22.7 MHz then a split second later hit 22.2 MHz.

The recording is stereo based so as to accomodate the bilateral body
limitation of having two ears;  two bio-ports into the central nervous
system.

Feel free to ask further if you want more details.

Thomas