Re: introduction

Subject: Re: introduction
From: "Derek Holzer" derekatumaticdotnl
Date: Sun Jun 18, 2006 5:25 pm (PDT)
Welcome aboard Stephen. Been a fan of your work for some years now. You
might also have a look at the Phonography list on Yahoo as well. There's
a lot of crossover between the two, but I'd say that the Phonography
list is a bit more focused on artistic use and reinterpretation of field
recording, while this list goes for either bioacoustics-related stuff or
very in-depth tech discussion on equipment for nature recording. All
very interesting, of course, just different angles on the wide world of
environmental sound. Looking forward to your contributions! Please also
have a look at Soundtransit.nl, which is a project I've been working on
with several others to create a very large database of field recordings
from around the world. Could be interesting to you and your students.

best,
derek

--
derek holzer ::: http://www.umatic.nl