The Sonic Stage software that it came with was an older version

Subject: The Sonic Stage software that it came with was an older version
(I  live in Switzerland) and gave me problems (it
occasionally "misses" a track on a download and the old version would
not let you go back for a second transfer attempt), I went to the
Sony website and upgraded to ver 3.4 and its been much better (but
I've learned in this that Sony software is far from perfect !). It
still fails to transfer certain tracks at first try but at least
allows you 2nd, 3rd etc attempts and eventually I get it all (but
would love to know why this problem happens).